Sunday, October 14, 2012

Concerning Hobbit Morals

I have a small confession to make - I am a huge Tolkien fan! So huge in fact that in 10th grade I wrote a research paper on The Hobbit. Since the movie adaptation is coming to the big screen later this year I wanted to celebrate by resurrecting my paper and up-dating it. When I started doing this I had the idea to mail a copy to director Peter Jackson. Sure it's kind of a silly thought and probably nothing will come of it, but if something does, if I actually get a response from someone like Peter Jackson, then that will certainly be one of the coolest things to ever happen to me! So, with that in mind I prepared my paper to mail and I sent out three copies of it this week. One to Mr. Jackson himself, one to Wingnut Films (both in New Zealand), and one to Warner Brothers Studios (in California). I'm sure they get lots of fan mail so I tried my hardest to make mine as professional as possible with professional quality printing and formal cover letters for each packet so they at least should stand out from the standard mailings they get. Keep your fingers crossed for me that something cool will happen later, and if nothing happens at least I can say I was able to make my paper better and share it with all of you - so if you are in the reading mood today hop on over to issuu and give Concerning Hobbit Morals a read. And don't forget to keep it REAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment